Friday, September 7, 2018

Choco Coco Nut Ice Cream






It's no secret I love coconut but the kids...... not fans.  So instead of putting toasted coconut in this ice cream like I would do if it was all for me, I just used some coconut milk in addition to regular milk and cream.  It gives it that coconut flavor I crave, but it isn't so strong that it bothers the kids.


Choco Coco Nut Ice Cream

Ingredients:

1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
½ cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp. vanilla

½ cup finely chopped pistachios for garnish

Directions:

In a bowl, combine cocoa powder and both sugars, whisking to combine.  Add milk and whisk thoroughly until sugars are completely dissolved.  Stir in the heavy cream, coconut milk and vanilla.  Pour the mixture into the freezer bowl of ice cream maker.  Run for 30 minutes and transfer to an airtight container and freeze.  When serving, garnish ice cream with pistachios.  (Again, if it were for me, these would be IN the ice cream, but..... kids.  Enough said.)

No comments: