Thursday, February 25, 2016

Granola





For the past several weeks I have been playing around with granola recipes, trying to make the perfect one for me.  I think I am getting really really close!  I am loving this one.  I customized the nuts and added ones I like (and had on hand).

Granola

Ingredients:

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup nuts/seeds (any combination of nuts and seeds - sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, pecans, whatever your favorites are)
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
Dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, etc)(this is optional of course)

Directions:

Heat oven to 250 degrees.  Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.  (I use a sheet cake pan and it fits perfectly).  Mix oats, nuts, coconut and cinnamon in a large bowl.  In a blender, combine brown sugar, syrup, oil and salt.  Fold into the dry mixture until well combined.  Spread onto baking pan.  Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Add dried fruit in the last 5 minutes of baking.


No comments: